Friday, August 24, 2012

Howl's Moving Castle

Howl's Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones was published in Bulgaria in 2010 by Art Line Studios. http://www.artline-comics.net/books/children/101-moving-castle
It came as a surprise for me when I found it in the bookstore, because I didn't know that they had any intention on publishing the book. So I instantly bought it and read it and it was very enjoyable. The book is a lot different from studio Ghibli's movie and even though the movie is very well made and very pretty the book makes a lot more sense. Some of the characters in the book were mixed into one, but I won't tell you who so I don't spoil anything and the storyline is different with a lot more details.
If you have watched the movie and liked it, I strongly recommend reading the book (if you haven't read it yet), because it's a very different experience. 
Art Line Studios also published the second book of Dianne Wynne Jones' Castle Series - Castle in the Air in 2011, but I still haven't read it. They will soon publish House of Many Ways, which is the third book.
For more information visit Art Line Studios' webpage - Art Line Studios

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Hikari! Where you took the book, I look for it a long time, but all online bookstores breaking my dream?
    Arigatou! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it from Ciela in the mall. I think that you can find it everywhere in Sofia and Plovdiv. At least, I've seen it in almost every bookstore.

      Delete