Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Announcements!!!!

  I am in Japan right now, but I follow closely of the anime and manga events that are happening in my home country, Bulgaria. so I decided that it's the right thing to do to write about them here, since this was the original idea of this blog - to follow the development of anime and manga culture in Bulgaria. 
  First of all, the dates for Bulgaria's biggest anime convention Aniventure are out - the 7th and the 8th of September. It will take place in Sofia again. The exact place is Sofia Event Center at Paradise Mall. Of course, there will be the typical Cosplay contest, AMV contest, Manga contest, Artist's Alley, FanFic contest, Exhibition and many many more! Too bad I will have to miss it this year, because I will be going home at the end of September. But if you can, go and see the event. I'm sure it will be awesome. I would really love to see at least some photos and read some reviews. 
  For more information about the event you can visit the following links:
Anivnture's facebook event page
  The other announcement (which I should have made a few months ago) is about manga.
  Right after I came to Japan, Art Line Studios started publishing Naruto and One Piece in my home country. They have also promised to start publishing Death Note this autumn, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba's  work on the Bulgarian market. And if everything goes well they might even start publishing Bleach.
  For now we have volumes one to four of Naruto and volumes one to three of One Piece. They are the typical Japanese size volumes (which is awesome, because I love this size) and they have these protective covers that the Japanese manga have, which is just amazing. I don't thing that any other non Japanese publisher is doing that with manga volumes. The price of one book is 9,99 levs, which isn't really that much and I think that it's the perfect price for a volume of manga. Of course, the cheaper the better, but our market is still too small for us to demand cheaper manga. I still haven't seen them or read them, but I'm hearing some mixed opinions from my friends. I will certainly get my hands on them when I get back home in September and I'm pretty excited to see what they have done with the translation and the edition as a Japanologist and as an Otaku. 
  If you're a fan, go and buy them and tell me what you think. I would really like to hear as many opinions as possible. I'm also pro sponsoring Bulgarian comic and manga economics so go buy them, for the sake of our manga and comics market! 
  For more information about the volumes of Naruto and One Piece visit the following link:
Art Line Studios 


No comments:

Post a Comment